Vote By Mail (Absentee) Voting



Click Here to Access the Ballot Request Form 

Election Day Vote by Mail (Absentee) Ballot Delivery Affidavit    

Affidavit to Pick Up Vote by Mail (Absentee) Ballot for a Voter 


Provisional Ballot Cure Affidavit - DSDE-210 (English) 
Provisional Ballot Cure Affidavit - DSDE-210 (Español) 
Vote by Mail Ballot Cure Affidavit - DSDE-139 (English)
Vote by Mail Ballot Cure Affidavit - DSDE-139 (Español)


  Who May Vote By

Vote by Mail


If you are a registered voter in Gilchrist County, you may choose to vote by Vote By Mail (absentee) ballot.

  • Voting by Mail (absentee) ballot is practical if you are permanently disabled, serving in the military, living over-seas or in a temporary situation such as being out of town or not able to be in your precinct during election day hours.
  • An Vote By Mail (absentee) ballot may be requested anytime after January 1, during the election year. This is done in person, by mail, or by telephone (call (352) 463-3194). The ballot will be mailed out as soon as the ballots are received from the printer.
  • You may vote in person at the Gilchrist County Supervisor of Elections office starting 15 days before every election. Early voting from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday Sunday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
  • If you're hospitalized, we will deliver a ballot to you on Election Day. Call (352)463-3194 to request this service prior to 4:00 p.m.

Make Sure Your Vote By Mail (Absentee) Ballot Is Counted

  • If someone helps you fill out your ballot, make sure they mark YOUR CHOICE.
  • After voting, put your ballot in the secrecy envelope, then in the affidavit envelope provided. Print and sign your name in the proper locations on the back of the affidavit envelope. Your signature will be compared to the one on file in the Elections Office to verify its validity. If you do not sign your affidavit envelope, your ballot cannot be counted.

If you receive an Vote By Mail (absentee) ballot, and find you are able to go to the polls on elections day, take your ballot with you. It will be voided by a poll worker, and you will be allowed to vote at the polls.

Military Information

Military personnel, their spouses, and dependents may apply for voter registration or request Vote By Mail (absentee) ballots with a Federal Post Card Application (which can be obtained from the Unit Voting Officer). US Embassies and Consulates can assist in completing, witnessing, and mailing Federal Post Cards, absentee ballots, and other election materials.




You can Download the Vote By Mail (Absentee) Ballot Request Form, fill it out, print it, and mail it to:

Click Here to Access the Ballot Request Form 

Connie Sanchez
Supervisor of Elections 
112 South Main Street, Rm 128 
Trenton, Florida 32693