Register to Vote
Who Can Register to Vote?
In Order to Register to Vote in Florida, You Must:
- Be a citizen of the United States of America;
- Be a Florida resident;
- Be at least 18 years old
(you may pre-register to vote at the age of 16, but you cannot vote until you are 18 years old);
- Not be adjudicated mentally incapacitated with respect to voting in Florida or any other state;
- Not have been convicted of a felony without your civil rights having been restored;
- Provide your current and valid Florida driver’s license number or Florida identification card number. You must provide the last four digits of your Social Security Number if you do not have a Florida driver’s license number or a Florida identification card number. If you do not have any of these items, you must mark the box indicated on the Voter Registration Application as “NONE.”
How to Register to Vote:
Fill in the Voter Registration Application online and then print the application, or print out the application and write in your information.
- Verify that all of the information on your application is complete.
- Sign your application.
- You can mail the application to the Supervisor of Elections office (please remember to affix a first class stamp to the envelope), or you can drop off your application at the Supervisor of Elections office.
- If your application is complete and you meet the requirements to be registered to vote, the Supervisor of Elections will mail you a voter information card. Make sure all of the information on your card is correct. If you do not receive your card within 4 weeks, or if you have any questions, call our office at (352) 463-3194.
- REMEMBER: You must be registered at least 29 days before an election to be eligible to vote in that election.
You May Also Register to Vote at Any of the Following Voter Registration Agencies:
- Florida Driver License Office
- County or City Public Library
- State agency providing public assistance
- State agency that provides services to disabled persons
- Armed Forces Recruiting Office